Like it

Saturday, August 21, 2010

The Expendables can be expended

This is gonna be a short one, at the end of this fine week.

The Expendables
The Expendables...I knew what I was getting myself into when I went to see this one. I was actually really excited to see this movie, written and directed by Stallone. I loved his last movie the newest Rambo which he also wrote and direct so why not be excited? It was a hugely hyped movie considering its giant pay roll featuring, Sylvester Stallone (Rocky, Rambo), Jason Statham (The Transporter Trilogy, Crank's), Jet Li (Lethal Weapon 4, Kiss of the Dragon) Dolp Lungdren (Rocky IV, Masters of the Universe) Mickey Rourke (Harley Davidson and The Marlboro Man, Sin City, The Wrestler) Steve Austin (WWF Wrestler) and a bunch of other forgettables. There was a quick cameo by our governor of California, Arnold Schwarzenegger which was...meh. Like I said I knew I was gonna get a basic, simple story, cheesy lines, bad acting, and over the top explosions and kills. But did I actually get that stuff?

The movie is about a bunch of mercenaries hired to do a job on a small island. They go, meet this girl get shot at, decide we don't wanna do it. Well Stallone wants to go back for the girl and thats pretty much the story.

Well the set up was way way too long. Listen we don't need to care about any of these characters at all, not one bit. We just want to see them kill and blow up things. The opening scene was weak and was in most of the trailers. The next hour or so is a story set up. I DON'T CARE! Jason Statham has a bunch of scenes with his girlfriend only to set up a fight in a basketball court thats not really that great. Ya take those 30 mins you add that to the gun fight at the end. The actual editing or something was wrong. There was all this character set up, then in the blink of an eye there off on this island fighting? The hand to hand fight scenes, which there are way to many, were filmed terrible numerous quick tight shots. Either 1) Stallone didn't know what he was doing and was going off Rocky thoughts or 2) this was making up for what these old guys couldn't do anymore. I wanted cheesy dialogue and machoism, yet there wasn't a lot. Dolph Lundgren was my favorite part of the movie because he encompassed the whole 80's action film. I wanted this to be a throwback, homage to 80's action films. Terrible acting, cheesy one liners, good music, small story, lots of bloodshed. But it fell way off that mark. With the talent of corny/cheesyness that they could have sucked out of these guys I was disappointed to say the least.

Invisibles: Answers
I apologize I cant find the pictures to fill in the answers but I can give you the answers
1) Barber Shop
2) There Will be Blood
3) Apocalypse Now
4) The Last Castle
5) Twister
6) Polar Express
7) Nim's Island
8) Willard

Congrats if you got any of these, and there shall be more.

little movie news:

And The Most Dangerous Celebrity Is....
According to computer anti-virus company McAfee, Cameron Diaz is the most dangerous celebrity...to search on the internet. McAfee said the there is a 10% chance that if you search for Cameron Diaz you can run into some problems. Here's the top ten list.
1. Cameron Diaz
2. Julia Roberts
3. Jessica Biel
4. Gisele Bündchen
5. Brad Pitt
6. Adriana Lima
7. Jennifer Love Hewitt, Nicole Kidman
8. Tom Cruise
9. Heidi Klum, Penelope Cruz
10. Anna Paquin
Notice how most of them are women, I wonder why people would be searching them and come up with some sketchy stuff?? Check out the whole article at Slashfilm.com http://www.slashfilm.com/2010/08/21/cameron-diaz-is-the-most-dangerous-internet-celebrity/

Sorry this week was a small one, I just wanted to get this review up and the answers for all of you waiting on baited breath. So if you see any mistakes just forget about them I threw this together quickly...sorry.






No comments:

Post a Comment